Followers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Cupcake Bouquets



My sister, Sheryl, and I recently helped our cousin by making cupcake bouquets for her daughter's baby shower.  We'd never done anything like this before and it was quite a learning experience.  I made all of the fondant/gum paste flowers and the signs and she made the cupcakes.  I really think the cupcake wrappers she used helped pull it all together.  We used candy sticks to put the cupcakes on the styrofoam and royal icing to stick on the flowers.  We also bought some cheap terra cotta pots and painted them white, pink, and a darker pink and used a 1/2 of a round styrofoam ball and then hot glued green taffeta around the ball to look like greenery.  I would probably use more taffeta but we were kinda pressed by time.  I think they turned out amazing and would definitely do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment